ON A BED OF BASMATI RICE TOPPED WITH WILD MUSHROOMS
Total 40 minutes. 4 servings
By Isaac Perlman | Photography by The Lunch Box www.thelunchboxphoto.com
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- ¼ cup minced white onion
- 1 ½ tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can of Thai coconut milk
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 pounds of salmon filets
- In a medium size saucepan, add vegetable oil on medium heat, add the onion, garlic, and ginger and let it get golden brown.
- Once golden, add the salt, pepper, and curry powder, cook for 20 seconds and then add the Thai coconut milk. Simmer for 20/30 minutes depending on how thick you want the sauce to be. Don’t let it boil.
- Bring salmon to room temperature. Season with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick sauté pan, add vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan and cook the salmon filets on medium-high heat. Turn after about 4 minutes depending on the thickness of the filet.
- Once sauce is reduced add cilantro and cook for 2 minutes until it releases some green into the sauce.
- Remove salmon from pan and pour the sauce over it.